Saturday, November 17, 2007

Hi everyone~ This is my first official post in this blog, wanted to share some of my brief thoughts about today's sermon.

I was very struck by the part where Pastor Jeff asked us whether we had experienced any growth as a Christian recently. Yah, that's one thing I definitely did not experience this semester. Think was quite affected by events during and before the term, and as a result have been drawing very very distant from God.. in fact this 12 weeks have been the driest period in my walk with God so far. o_o

Come to realise that during times when you face situations that are beyond your control in life, one can either draw closer or run away from God. Think it's human nature to blame God easily rather than to draw nearer to him. The book that I'm reading now The purpose driven life really helped me make sense of things - I find several parts of it very meaningful. Highly recommend the book to those who haven't read it yet :D

And oh yah, the discussion during wednesday's QT was a very meaningful and thought provoking one. Glad that I didn't miss it esp the topic Huili brought up the topic about how we feel about the CG.

Haha one of the things that I realised about myself is that I tend to share different sides of myself to different people. For example in church I tend 闲聊 only to certain people and spiritual things only to (other) certain people. From now on I will try to mix it up a bit.

And yay we have a new sister in Christ!

Jiayou everybody for the exams =)

2 comments:

ah_rUi said...

hello bro,
thanks for your sharing! Hmmm... i was so encouraged by the testimonies shared during the pre-service exam-prayer-sharing time we had at level 6 of cuppage. It's really refreshing to hear from all of you! Yeah! Let's have more 'teh-peng sessions' together and 闲聊 more! (I didn't drink teh-peng before i got into this CG with you and Nicholas, but now i can appreciate the joy of drinking teh-peng much more!)Praise the LORD!

petrina said...

hey bro :)

so glad to see your posting and that you are responding to God's prompting.

Bro, I pray that you will continue to walk with god and continue to desire the intimacy with god.

Whenever you are down or feel like giving up, always rem your first love with Christ. Always rem how God has worked in your life and how He has been so real.

Think its easy for us to focus on disappointments or be distracted by the things in our lives. But if we keep our hearts soft towards God and people, and chooses to respond whenever God speaks or people pointing out the truth into our life. We will be strengthen and we will continue to grow and mature in our walk with God too.

jia you my bro :)