Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Reflections of 2007/ last semester

Generally feel that i ve grown in the way i'm managing my life and handling things around me, as well as relationships with people. Especially in the area of managing my time such that while serving God, I still ve time for my family, studies and also very important --- my personal time and space with God. Over the past sem, started to be a shepherd and from there, think i ve grown to understand the heart of a shepherd and the roles (which serves to guide/help them to God). Another area which i felt that i ve grown in is disciple, especially in the area of studies and my relationship with God. More faithful and desire to be excellent in the things that God called me to do or be. Because of this change of attitude, last sem was the only sem i really enjoyed mugging n found joy in it even. I enjoyed studyin and learning n also relying on God for wisdom. I experienced wisdom fr God for 1 paper and got an A- for it. Really thank God for showing me such kindness and grace.

Last yr was a big change for me. 1st time change cg, change shepherd, jitsy left, becoming a shepherd. Challenging and many times i felt down. But i really thank God for these changes. Jit leaving has pushed me to draw closer to God and to rely on Him more rather than my ex-shepherd. Changing cg, challenged me to relate with the brothers and learn to be more sensitive to brothers. Changing shepherd was really cool, not initially though. ahhaha...

A new style of teaching, shepherding and huili isn't afraid to scold me manz. Really learned alot of things fr her esp in the area of skills. REally thank God for her in my life, pointing out truths to me and helping me grow, teachin me to take care of ppl and how to grow them.

Becoming a shepherd was also another challenge. hahaha... i definitely drew closer to God and found myself praying more. Many times i felt super inadequate and lost, did not know what to do with my sheep and even with myself. The relatiionship btw me and my sheep was really sweet (hahha) i should say bitter sweet :). There were downs moments but there were moments whereby there were breakthrus too. Can see that God is workin in her life and am truly encouraged to see that. God is indeed faithful and really wanna conclude 2007 with lots of thanksgiving towards God. Without Him, i think my life ll truly be lost and meaningless. God is my strength !!!! Amen :) hee...

As i was reflecting my 2007 new yr prayers/goals, i realised that some of them were fufil while some are still work is progress ... Wanted to grow to be a cg guitarist and also overcome the fear of evangelism which was hindering me alot in 2006. These two areas came to pass and Praise God!! Thank you GOd :)

Other areas such as overcoming bad attitudes such as procastination, pride, lack of self control and discipline. Found that i had breakthru and am still workin in progress :) there are still times when i fall to temptation but God would be there to pick me up and help me thru again :) 2 major breakthru were towards --- the lack of self control towards you tube and discipline towards studies and my relationship with God. God has helped me to grow in these two areas which was not pleasing to God. Esp the you tube part. You tube really drew me away fr God and i would watch endlessly the dramas. Thru prayer (asking God to help me overcome) and His grace, managed to ve breakthrus!! so really Thank God :) if not my life would ve really been meaningless, endlessly watching drama.

haha... i wanted to be healthier and set goals to exe. Hee... other than playing bball once in a blue blue moon... i failed . Hee... think i was feeling super lazy man. So in 2008, 1 of my goal is to exe once a week. Plannin to start jogging :)

another area is reading the papers. REally wanted to grow in my knowledge of daily affairs. I managed to sustain for 2 weeks den ...................... hahahah... So for 2008 wanna commit myself to reading the papers at least once a week :)

there are much more things for 2007, but think i will sum them up briefly here ba :) 2007 is indeed a breakthru yr in terms of my r/s with God, my growth in christ and also personal growth and fruits in my life. 2007 is alsoa yr whereby i understand God more and because of this understanding, i able to stand firm in Him and continue to trust in Him even when circumstances seemed hopeless and i was disappointed. No words can express the love i felt and the thankfulness in my heart. God is really good and now i finally understood what the verse means: It is when i am weak that i am made strong !!:)

No comments: