Monday, January 21, 2008

Labour in ur walk with God

Yest morn, while i was reading e bible, i was reminded by God abt labouring in our prayer/ walk with god/ relationship with god.

What does it mean to labour? Jasmine mentioned in one e services abt labourin in prayer and last sat's service, think shirley melinda also mentioned abt labouring in our prayers, our walk with god.

I was reminded of this as i was reading Joh 6:27.
It says "do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the son of man will give you. on him God the father has palced his placed of approval"

I wanna share with you my thoughts on "do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life"

What is food that spoils? To me it represents physical things that i hold important in my life, which will cause me to compromise God (spending time with him), things such as my studies. I was just reflecting about my life, abt my attitude towards my studies. It is true that i labour for my studies. I study really hard fr pri sch until now. And i want to do well in my studies. I do my homework and when exams come, i really mug for it. I spend time studying and doing tutorials and spend time studyin for tests and exams. Time is spent on it and I want to do well.

The second part of the verse talks abt "but for food that endures to eternal life"
Here it simply means that we have to work for food that endures to eternal life. I was thinking eternal life means my relationship with God. So with the same attitude towards my studies, i was thinking if this is my attitude towards God too.
Do i spend time with God as much as i spend on studyin? Do i want to do well in my relationship with God as much as i want towards my studies? Sadly the ans is no and yes.

No i do not spend as much time nor am i always faithful in growing my relationship with God. But yes i desire for our relationship to deepen, to understand God more, to know Him more, to experience more of Him in my life. So, what do i have to do? I will have to work on this relationship. Like any other relationship, to understand the person more, to love the person more, i need to spend time with him/her, so as to know him/her better, so as to love him/her more.

Sat's service was abt loving God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength (mark 12:30). I think it is really timely and appropriate for me at this point. This is the start of 2008 and many of us (including myself) have set our new year resolutions. But is one of our new yr resolutions abt lovin God more? Loving God more will lead us to Love God in action and our relationship with God will Grow (and this is food that will endure to eternal life!!!!)

Personally, this is a very good stop-check for me to set my heart straight and my eyes fix on God. Not that i neglect my studies and just be a person who day-in and day out hallelujah. The point is that am i that faithful towards God as i am towards my studies? Am i that passionate towards God as i am towards other things? Do i spend as much time with God as i do with my studies?

My answer is no. I always hurried my quiet time and prayer time. I myself my guilty of not spending time with God, using things around me and being busy as an excuse. This yr my everyday prayer will be to experience God every single day and I am going to labour in my prayer and labour in reading God's word.

For it is through prayers and through God's word which is living and active that life is transformed, that life is touched, that healing comes about, that breakthrough happens, that we find peace, that we find strength, that we grow to be more n more christ-like, that we find purpose and destiny.

Want to encourage all of us to realign our focus back to God and to really love God with all our heart,soul,mind and strength. If we can labour/work for the things in our life that are not eternal (such as studies, relationships, sports, money), then why don't we starting from today, labour/work for things that are eternal (our relationship with God).

Want to end of with this verse that i am memorising and mediating on:
"... your work produced by faith, your labour prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our LORD Jesus Christ." 1Ths 1:8

No comments: