Monday, October 29, 2007

God truly knows and cares for us

Think I was really reminded of God's love for us in the last sermon.
Jon 4:11 "But Nineveh has more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left, and many cattle as well. Should I not be concerned about that great city?"

God rebuked Jonah and I was reminded that God in fact truly knows every single one of us. Would you sometimes wonder if god truly knows his plans for you? Whether you are important to Him though you am just another "small" person on this earth and whether God truly knows your inner thoughts and my desires and my struggles. Have anyone of u ever wonder about this? Feeling insecure about ur identity in Christ?

This morning God reminded me that He truly knows!!!

In the NT, we can see that Jesus knows the life of not only his disciples, but also the sinful people and "insignificant" people who came to Him. Many instances, when these people just came to Him, asking Him for forgiveness, God knows what is going on in their life and would forgive them, giving them a new life.

Some instances include:
1) Zacchaeus the Tax Collector and Jesus (Luk 19:1-10), Jesus knew that Zacchaeus was up in the tree (even before Jesus saw him) and knew his heart for God. Although he had committed sins and was considered sinful in the eyes of man (because he cheated people of their taxes), but Jesus knew what was in his heart and that Zacchaeus acknowledge Him as Lord. What i am trying to bring out here is that God knows our inner thoughts, even if we are sinful and insignificant in this world. Every single one is important to Him. God's love is patient and kind. From this passage we can see that God's love keeps no record of wrongs and it is not easily angered. Thank God His love is 1corin 13:4-7, if not ..... hahah.... we would still be lost sheep without shepherds

1Sam 16:7 "But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
- God looks at the condition of our heart.

Matt 10:30-31 "30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

Psa 139: 1-4
"1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.

2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD."

Psa 139: 13-16
" 13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be."

Let's take some time to thank God for his love and really grow to understand this love that God has for us. So that we may continue to grow in our confidence and faith in God.

No comments: