Thursday, May 29, 2008

uni camp'08

PEOPLE!! This blog looks totally dead, I'm doing something about it =D Whee! By the way, Guanrui, your tag on the last "olympics" photo is totally funny!

Okay, I digressed, as usual. Coming back to the point, Uni-camp was totally fun and cool! I learnt so much, had so much fun and got to know a few people better! That's not the point, I digressed again. I think Uni-camp pulled me so much closer to God. He made me understand how deep and great His love was/is for us, the importance of pnw and qt, as well as the ppl around me. He humbled my heart then, filled me with guilt, a heart of repentance, awe for His love, glory and grace, as well as understanding.

From there, I xia ding jue xing to follow Him, to be more God-centred. Placing Him in the core of my life has been one of the rare right decisions I’ve ever made in my life. For once, I felt like my life was going alright, I was making the right decision: to follow God, His Ways, and everything He tells me. I may seem a bit extreme, but I even asked Him if I should quit.

I think what God wants me to do is simply, basic things. It’s totally back-to-basics for me. This reminds me, on thurs, minghan asked how long I’ve been a Christian. I said 9 months, and he said “Huh? Really? Then why are you still so noob?”

His words hit home, for once. [You know how he usually sprouts funny/rubbish things.] I was about to bellow a huge “NO!”, but I stopped myself and reflected. In that split moment, I realized, yeah, I’m a noob, and it’s sort of sad considering my 9 months (pregnancy). My progress has been minimal, if at all. That day, I thank God for minghan. [haha that day only! Okie, kidding, mingjiao don’t be so bad.] I still do.

I have many many many points to pray for, in terms of growth. I think I have too many faults and shortcomings to overcome, some of them are things which I thought I had overcame, which in fact I was just blocking out. Basically, I should grow in:

Forcing myself to keep up my QTs and M&Ms and prayers [the lousy wasabi and vinegar game was so demoralizing and motivating at the same time. By the way, I had mild diarrhea yesterday and today, thanks to the wasabi and kangkong that was so spicy I turned red after it touched my tongue!]
Prayer Stamina
Heart, mind, body and soul after God!
Humility
Patience/Understanding

Yeah well, as you can see, I’m the equivalent of a noob. Haha, but then again, it’s a form of motivation for me, for I hate being noobish when I’m not supposed to be noob. I want to do a lot of things, like serve, like having a sheep, but I know I’m not good enough, and that’s a huge persuasion point for me.
Before I end off, can I tell you guys something? You guys must scold me whenever I do something wrong kae? Or I’ll never learn. I’m the equivalent of a stubborn mule, one that keeps repeating the same mistakes, unless someone or God hits me hard on the head. So you guys must scold me okay! Guanrui! You must kae! You’re always so polite. Jasmine! You also! You are too nice! But I definitely do not need to say this to minghan. Bleah.

Hmm. I will miss you guys. And lily.

Irritating. =((

Bless you all.

“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” ~Hebrews 11:1

1 comment:

ah_rUi said...

Hey sis, thanks for sharing your thoughts!

So glad to hear of the things you have reflected and made sense this period. You have also identified the areas that you want to improve on for God.

1 thing to encourage you is that it is when we feel inadequate then we seek God for Him to give us strength and growth to do greater things for him.

I really see a lot of opportunities we can grow in during this long holiday we have. Be it thru serving , contacting our freshmen, participating the programmes, reading up on books about Christian living and apologetics, reading the Word daily. You will see your growth points (Keep up with QTs and M&Ms and prayers,
prayer stamina, Heart, mind, body and soul after God!Humility, Patience/Understanding) come to pass during this season of matriculation.

I also want to see myself grow strong in the Word, cos its my weak point at the moment.

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
1 Tim 4:12

The below is taken from Biblegateway.comcommentary.

Speech and life (better, "conduct") encompass most of the observable life--the visible dimension of godliness. In fact, James places first importance on control of the tongue, which will then provide for control of the rest of one's behavior (Jas 3:2). Through what a Christian says and does the truth of the Christian faith will be either demonstrated or denied, for true spirituality (godliness) is the composite of faith or knowledge of God and its outworking in the believer's life.

Love and faith summarize the Christian life. Paul frequently aligns these two qualities, faith referring to the relationship with Christ and love to activity generated by the indwelling Holy Spirit. Galatians 5:6 explains that genuine Christianity is "faith working through love": a proper knowledge of and commitment to Christ which controls the life of the believer.